About Me

My photo
Austin, TX, United States
I am a Realtor in Austin. I have been in this city since 2000. Having moved 13 times in my childhood, I was always looking for a place to call home, and think I have found it here. I am happily attached to a techie, creative (yet disorganized) guy, and we have 2 shelties which keep us busy. The name Ms. Organization comes from my almost OCD trait of being organized. Yes, all my shirts hang by color order (and short to long sleeve sub-order). And yes, all my weekly menus are color coded and cross-referenced by section. (Need a copy? Just shoot me an email) A relaxing activity for me involves reorganizing my spice rack, or alphabetizing the DVD collection. Some consider this a sickness... I like to see it as a somewhat productive problem to which I am not seeking a solution. *grin* And really, as hard as it may be for me to deal with my disorganized partner, in reality, I think he has it far worse, having to dealing with me.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Horror Stories

I try to ask all the new friends I meet who own homes how they found their Realtor, and how their home buying experience was. I talked to one of my Husband's coworkers who recently purchased a home, and his experience was amazing. And not in a good way.
  • First off, he said his wife did the majority of the work when it came to looking for the property and even once they picked out the house they wanted, and were under contract... she did most of the legwork.
  • Their agent didn't show up to closing! That is unbelievable to me!
    • You are sending clients, to a place they haven't been before,
    • Dealing with people they are unfamiliar with
    • Possibly in a brand new city.
    • They are dealing with one of the largest purchases of their life and are going to be looking at numbers that may scare them, and they many need some explanations and help
    • They are going to be there for a while, signing a HUGE stack of paperwork. Moral support cannot be overestimated!
    • There may not be a specific role for a Realtor at the closing table, but for the sake of my clients, in my books, it is a necessity to go to closing.
    • As a Realtor, this is my job, and what I do. As a client, you do this a few times in your life. Being there for your special moment IS why I am in this business
  • Their agent called 4 days after closing to give them a key to their house (which they had already received at closing), and had their Realtor been there, she would have known.
Wow! Most of the time I am proud to be part of the Real Estate community... but sometimes stories like this really get to me.

Have a horror story you would like to share? Post it in the comments... Keep the Realtors name out of it though! Thanks!

No comments: